Reading is fun!!!
This is what the students discover when they join our book club.
Together we decide on a piece of literature everybody would like to read.
Parts of it will be read together, some parts at home. We discuss what we think about it, what we like or dislike. We analyze the characters or try to visualize some parts by drawing a cartoon or creating a video clip….
If there is a movie we watch the movie after reading the book and discuss the differences.
So in the whole we spend an interesting and funny lunch break once a week and discover a new world with each new book. And along the way we improve our language skills as well.
Books we’ve read recently:
- „If I stay“ by Gayle Forman
- „About a boy“ by Nick Hornby
- „Looking for Alaska“ by John Green
- „A long way down“ by Nick Hornby
- „A Thousand Splendid Suns“ by Khaled Hosseini
- „The Wall“ by William Sutcliffe
- „The Diary of a Wimpy Kid“ by Jeff Kinney
After reading „The Diary of a Wimpy Kid“ by Keff Kinney we wrote similiar diary entries about life at our school: Diary – Tuesday
Grade 11 and 12 meet Monday 12.20 to 1 p.m.
Berufsfachschule 1 & 2 meet Wednesday 12.20 to 1 p.m.
„Book club plus“ first Tuesday each month, 12.20 to 1 p.m. in H 1106.